We’ve told you time and again. This is very easy to read and interpret, but not everybody does it the right way. If I didn’t already make myself clear, eat right.
To elaborate, there are a bunch of ways you can go about this and boy, do we have all the time in the world to sit you down and explain each one, if only to help you visualize just how right eating right truly is.
- Eat Well. Don’t cheat your way to a healthier body. Stop indulging in fast food and prepackaged goods; focus on fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, all that good stuff. As a side note, severely limiting calories and skipping meals as a means of dieting will do you no good. Again, quit with the cheating.
- Plan Your Meals. Because you know what happens when meals aren’t planned: yes, they lead to the purchase of the most convenient ones. From the vending machine, that 24/7 stop-shop, the fast food horror chain – and bud, they can muck up your progress! Think ahead of the game and plan your meals; this makes for easier shopping, and even easier fit-body-maintaining. If you catch my drift.
- Eat in Proper Proportions. If you needed reminding, severely limiting your servings and skipping meals as a means of dieting (or your way of healthy eating) will do you no good. Instead, eat in proper proportions. The same way completely (not to mention instantly) ridding yourself of the food you love will only deteriorate your progress. Limit their portion size until you’re no longer craving and reaching for them every ten seconds. 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day is a place to start. They’re packed with fiber and nutrients, and can serve as a wonderful snacking alternative to give you something to munch on.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It isn’t called the most important meal of the day for nothing. Breakfast gives you your kickstart, also known as the energy you’re going to end up needing the entire day. If you skip it, you will – of course – feel hungrier, therefore consuming more than you normally would during brunch or maybe even lunch, which rids of the proper proportion rule we’re hoping to implement.
- Drink water. Treat this as your mantra. Water is important and you should be well-hydrated throughout to be able to function properly. It’s no rocket science.